To ensure the safe arrival of your Camera and other Photographic Equipment to our repair shop please refer to the checklist below.
1) Wrap the unit with padding (bubble wrap works well).
2) Ensure 5 centimeters of padding covers all the equipment placed in the carton.
3) Enclose a list of all items in the carton.
4) Enclose our email responding to your Estimate request submitted to us. (If any)
5) Enclose a daytime contact number and return shipping address and contact name.
6) Ensure the box is well taped/secured prior to sending.
7) Use a shipping carton that is strong (to survive the journey).
8) It is advisable to always use a traceable method of transport e.g Registered post, or a courier that live tracks the parcel. You can hand deliver, send by courier, post or have a friend deliver it for you.
We prefer to see you if possible at the counter, that way we can ask questions about the camera and get to know what type of pictures you take.
Below is detailed our warranty terms as well as general conditions applicable when your camera is in our care. Please read the following carefully prior to sending/leaving your camera for repair.
1) The Warranty period is for 3 months from date of repair. Warranty applies to the actual repair and parts supplied only. The Warranty will be voided where Sand, Grit, Impact, Liquid, Tampering, Abuse and Misuse are found to either contribute or to be the cause of the camera's failure.
2) Free estimates are an approximation only. If the repair exceeds the estimation by more than 20% we will contact you again for approval to proceed. Batteries are not included in estimation of repairs.
3) Once repairs have been commenced and if repairs are unable to be completed due to non-availability of parts and/or increased costs or cancellation of repairs by the customer, a charge will be made to cover dismantling and reassembling time - this charge would be approximately $25 to $60.
4) Precision Camera & Camcorder Repairs is not responsible for the insurance of goods or films and images left with goods TRANSPORTED to us for repair. We recommend that you check your insurance policy to ensure the goods are covered whilst not in your possession.
5) Goods not collected within 3 months from repair date may be sold to recover the Precision Camera & Camcorder Repair's costs (in accordance with the disposal of uncollected goods act 1966).